A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- A semantic discontinuity detection (SDD) method for comparing designers’ product expressions with users’ product impressions
- The design critique and the moral goods of studio pedagogy
- Global structures of automotive interiors revealed by algorithms of the visual brain
- Crowdsourcing inspiration: Using crowd generated inspirational stimuli to support designer ideation
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- Is creativity, hands-on modeling and cognitive learning gender-dependent?
- STEAM in practice and research: An integrative literature review
- Improving creative self-efficacy and performance through computer-aided design application
- An examination of kindergarten teachers’ beliefs about creative pedagogy and their perceived implementation in teaching practices
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
- Acknowledgement of Reviewers
- Cellular Automata-Based Generative Design of Pied-de-poule Patterns using Emergent Behavior: Case Study of how Fashion Pieces can Help to Understand Modern Complexity
- An Empathic Design Approach to an Augmented Gymnasium in a Special Needs School Setting
- Understanding Older Adults’ Post-adoption Usage Behavior and Perceptions of Mobile Technology
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
- Technological knowledge in early childhood education: provision by staff of learning opportunities
- Rule-based rationalization of form: learning by computational making
- Alignment of the traditional approach to perceptions and attitudes with Mitcham’s philosophical framework of technology
- An exploration of the variables contributing to graphical education students’ CAD modelling capability
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.