A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- The design risks framework: Understanding metacognition for iteration
- Processing the method: Linking Deweyan logic and design-in-research
- Materials and tools as catalysts of invention in graphic design ideation
- Opening the black box: Developing metrics to assess the cognitive processes of prototyping
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- Computational thinking training with technology for non-information undergraduates
- Comparison of the effectiveness of Taiwanese college and high school students participating in creative contests
- Does thinking about coronavirus impact insight and analytical reasoning?
- Be so creative they can’t ignore you! How can entrepreneurial leader enhance the employee creativity?
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
- Designing Tactful Objects for Sensitive Settings: A Case Study on Families Dealing with Childhood Cancer
- Positive User Experience over Product Usage Life Cycle and the Influence of Demographic Factors
- Designing Behaviour Change: A Behavioural Problem/Solution (BPS) Matrix
- Supporting Food Design Processes: Development of Food Design Cards
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
- The Shock of the New
- ‘Females Don’t Need to be Reluctant’: Employing Design Thinking to Harness Creative Confidence and Interest in STEAM
- Involving Cultural Sensitivity in the Design Process: A Design Toolkit for Chinese Cultural Products
- Pedagogies for the ‘Dis‐engaged’: Diverse Experiences of the Young People’s Arts Award Programme
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
- Chinese technology teacher challenges to infuse engineering design into technology education
- The application of digital fabrication technologies to the art and design curriculum in a teacher preparation program: a case study
- Activity-based unplugged coding during the preschool period
- Children’s interactions with technology in teachers’ self-reported activities in Sweden’s preschools
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.