A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- Exploring the transformative impacts of service design: The role of designer–client relationships in the service development process
- Grouping notes through nodes: The functions of Post-It notes in design team cognition
- A sociotechnical framework for the design of collaborative services
- ‘A dialogue between the real-world and the operational model’ – The realities of design in Bruce Archer’s 1968 doctoral thesis
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- How failure is productive in the creative process: Refining student explanations through theory-building discussion
- An adaptable teacher education framework for critical thinking in language teaching
- Assessing systems thinking: A tool to measure complex reasoning through ill-structured problems
- The role of productive social failure in fostering creative collaboration: A grounded study exploring a classroom learning community
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
- Addressing the Need to Capture Scenarios, Intentions and Preferences: Interactive Intentional Programming in the Smart Home
- Designing for Systems of Smart Things
- The Antecedents of Successful IoT Service and System Design: Cases from the Manufacturing Industry
- Is Smart Home a Necessity or a Fantasy for the Mainstream User? A Study on Users’ Expectations of Smart Household Appliances
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
- Assessment Focus in Studio: What is Most Prominent in Architecture, Art and Design?
- Intention and Meaning in Young Children’s Drawing
- A Framework for the Design Studio in Web‐Based Education
- Electronic Paint: Understanding Children’s Representation through their Interactions with Digital Paint
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
- What is it called and how does it work: examining content validity and item design of teacher-made tests
- How innovativeness and handedness affect learning performance of engineering students?
- Architectural design education: in varietate unitas
- Teaching tools, teachers’ rules: exploring the impact of teaching styles on young children’s programming knowledge in ScratchJr
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.
- Designing for social experiences with and within autonomous vehicles – exploring methodological directions
- Creative exploration using topic-based bisociative networks
- The Combinator – a computer-based tool for creative idea generation based on a simulation approach
- Co-author network analysis of human-centered design for development