A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- Card-based design tools: A review and analysis of 155 card decks for designers and designing
- Editing Design Studies - and how to improve the likelihood of your paper being published
- Exploring the home environment: Fusing rubbish and design to encourage participant agency and self-reflection
- A comparison of how novice and experienced design engineers benefit from design guidelines
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- Writing on the wall: How the use of technology can open dialogical spaces in lectures
- Students’ strategic planning and strategy use during creative problem solving: The importance of perspective-taking
- Fostering children’s creative thinking skills with the 5-I training program
- Flipped classroom: Fostering creative skills in undergraduate students of health sciences
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
- The Work of Democratized Design in Setting-up a Hosted Citizen-Designer Community
- Practice-Centered Design of an Anesthesia Medication Template to Reduce Medication Handling Errors in the Operating Room
- An Architecture of Design Doing: A Framework for Capturing the Ever-evolving Practice of Design to Drive Organizational Learning
- Populating Architectural Design: Introducing Scenario-Based Design in Residential Care Projects
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
No feed items found.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
No feed items found.
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
- Technology in children’s picture books as an agent for reinforcing or challenging traditional gender stereotypes
- Industry-school projects as an aim to foster secondary school students’ interest in technology and engineering careers
- HuValue: a tool to support design students in considering human values in their design
- Student and teacher perceptions of the functions of research in the context of a design-oriented STEM module
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.