A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- Whose ideas are most fixating, your own or other people’s? The effect of idea agency on subsequent design behaviour
- Speculative prototyping, frictions and counter-participation: A civic intervention with homeless individuals
- What is it that makes participation in design participatory design?
- Participatory design for sustainable social change
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- Failing up: How failure in a game environment promotes learning through discourse
- The role of productive social failure in fostering creative collaboration: A grounded study exploring a classroom learning community
- Promoting college student’s learning motivation and creativity through a STEM interdisciplinary PBL human-computer interaction system design and development course
- The role of failure in developing creativity in professional music recording and production
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
- Acknowledgement of Reviewers
- Cellular Automata-Based Generative Design of Pied-de-poule Patterns using Emergent Behavior: Case Study of how Fashion Pieces can Help to Understand Modern Complexity
- An Empathic Design Approach to an Augmented Gymnasium in a Special Needs School Setting
- Understanding Older Adults’ Post-adoption Usage Behavior and Perceptions of Mobile Technology
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
- The effects of engineering design processes on spatial abilities of middle school students
- Navigating worlds of information: STEM literacy practices of experienced makers
- Effects of web-based versus classroom-based STEM learning environments on the development of collaborative problem-solving skills in junior high school students
- Metaphorical reasoning and the design behavior of “pre-architects”
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.