A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- Exploring the transformative impacts of service design: The role of designer–client relationships in the service development process
- Grouping notes through nodes: The functions of Post-It notes in design team cognition
- A sociotechnical framework for the design of collaborative services
- ‘A dialogue between the real-world and the operational model’ – The realities of design in Bruce Archer’s 1968 doctoral thesis
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- How failure is productive in the creative process: Refining student explanations through theory-building discussion
- An adaptable teacher education framework for critical thinking in language teaching
- Assessing systems thinking: A tool to measure complex reasoning through ill-structured problems
- The role of productive social failure in fostering creative collaboration: A grounded study exploring a classroom learning community
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
- When the Material Grows: A Case Study on Designing (with) Mycelium-based Materials
- Designing Objects with Meaningful Associations
- A Preliminary Study of the Form and Status of Passionate Affection Emoticons
- From Abstract to Tangible: Supporting the Materialization of Experiential Visions with the Experience Map
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
- Conversations Around Young Children’s Drawing: The Impact of the Beliefs of Significant Others at Home and School
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
- Metaphorical reasoning and the design behavior of “pre-architects”
- Outcome analyses of educational interventions: a case study of the Swedish “Boost of Technology” intervention
- Effects of pre-college variables and first-year engineering students’ experiences on academic achievement and retention: a structural model
- Using software to engage design students in academic writing
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.