A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- Decolonising design in peacebuilding contexts
- Interweaving vulnerability and everyday design: Encounters around an aquarium in a paediatric oncology ward
- Understanding representation: Contrasting gesture and sketching in design through dual-process theory
- Historicising design space: Uses of the past in participatory prefiguring of spatial development
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- It works…but can we make it easier? A comparison of three subjective scoring indexes in the assessment of divergent thinking
- An embedded mixed method study on teaching algebraic expressions using metacognition-based training
- Psychometric properties of the short-form CART: Investigating its dimensionality through a Mokken Scale analysis
- Development of STEAM activity on nanotechnology to determine basic science process skills and engineering design process for high school students
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
- Scientific Phenomenology in Design Pedagogy: The Legacy of Walter Gropius and Gestalt Psychology
- Mandatory Virtual Design Studio for All: Exploring the Transformations of Architectural Education amidst the Global Pandemic
- Collaboration is Uncomfortable
- Bonbonnieres in the gallery: (re)presenting sugar in a family gallery space
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.
- The cognitive experience of engineering design: an examination of first-year student stress across principal activities of the engineering design process
- Design at hackathons: new opportunities for design research
- Thirty years of design for sustainability: an evolution of research, policy and practice
- Cognitive differences among first-year and senior engineering students when generating design solutions with and without additional dimensions of sustainability