A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- The relevance of virtual reality to communication design
- The impact of confirmation bias on reasoning and visual attention during analysis in engineering design: An eye tracking study
- Cognitive strategies in solution mapping: How engineering designers identify problems for technological solutions
- Prototyping strategies for stakeholder engagement during front-end design: Design practitioners’ approaches in the medical device industry
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- An adaptation of the Critical Thinking Disposition Scale in Spanish youth
- Learning to think together: Creativity, interdisciplinary collaboration and epistemic control
- Beyond originality in scientific research: Considering relations among originality, novelty, and ecological thinking
- The development of a systems mindset in the first-year students studying online at a vocational pedagogical university while mastering the basics of working with digital technologies
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
- Designing Tactful Objects for Sensitive Settings: A Case Study on Families Dealing with Childhood Cancer
- Positive User Experience over Product Usage Life Cycle and the Influence of Demographic Factors
- Designing Behaviour Change: A Behavioural Problem/Solution (BPS) Matrix
- Supporting Food Design Processes: Development of Food Design Cards
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
- A computational model for subjective evaluation of novelty in descriptive aptitude
- Reflection in design education
- Understanding design-based learning context and the associated emotional experience
- Robotics and information technologies in education: four countries from Alpe-Adria-Danube Region survey
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.