A curated feed of peer-reviewed published literature about and related to design and design education.
A leading international interdisciplinary journal concerned with design processes and design activity.
- Design multiple: How different configurations of participation matter in design practice
- Towards an integrative approach to researching design expertise
- Method content theory: Towards a new understanding of methods in design
- Problem framing and cognitive style: Impacts on design ideation perceptions
Thinking Skills and Creativity
A leading international journal informing on issues about thinking and creativity as they relate to learning and teaching.
- Examining the 21st century skillset perceptions of academy and comprehensive school students
- The effect of creative thinking on academic performance: Mechanisms, heterogeneity, and implication
- Distinguishing the three versions of the Chinese Remote Associates Test based on default mode network connectivity
- How creative am I?: Examining judgments and predictors of creative performance
International Journal of Design
An open-access journal seeking to fosters knowledge transfer, related to design practices, between academia and industry in all fields of design.
Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts
An APA journal focused on empirical research related to the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
International Journal of Art & Design Education
A journal featuring a wide range of research in the field of creative education.
- Perspectives on Inclusion: Close Encounters of the Creative Kind
- Revisiting the Conceptual Domain: Educational Knowledge and the Visual Arts
- Getty Museum Family Room – Educational Issues on Scaffolding and Transfer of Learning
- Designing a New Empathy‐Oriented Prototyping Toolkit for the Design Thinking Process: Creativity and Design Sensibility
International Journal of Technology and Design Education
A journal featuring research that covers all aspects of technology and design education.
- Putting the ‘e’ in portfolio design: an intervention research project investigating how design students and faculty might jointly reimagine the design portfolio activity
- Using Virtual Reality to Enhance Food Technology Education
- Industrial design students’ perceptions towards a career in user experience field in Turkey
- Towards new fashion design education: learning virtual prototyping using E-textiles
An international journal featuring science-based design knowledge from diverse fields.
- Co-design and co-simulation for engineering systems: insights from the Sustainable Infrastructure Planning Game
- Systematic development of load-path dependent FLM-FRP lightweight structures
- Design thinking and computational thinking: a dual process model for addressing design problems
- Network models and sensor layers to design adaptive learning using educational mapping